NTUMSA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

School/College Orientation Activities

3 posters

Go down

School/College Orientation Activities Empty School/College Orientation Activities

Post  Chan FF Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:01 pm

Hello.
I am a freshman and will be enrolled into the School of EEE.
Recently, I had received an email from School of EEE, inviting me to register and participate in the orientation activities organised by the school. The time is 9.30am-5.00pm, 1-9-2010(Wed.)
But at the same time, the Orintation Talk for International Students organised by ISC, will be held on 1-9-2010(Wed.), 4.30pm.
My question is: Are the above activities equally important? Should I register for BOTH the activities? I am afraid there will be a clash.
Thanks.

Chan FF

Back to top Go down

School/College Orientation Activities Empty Re: School/College Orientation Activities

Post  teiksheng Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:58 pm

Hi,

Actually you are strongly encouraged to go for both activities. Orientation activities organised by schools will mainly focus on your school stuffs to let you know more about it. ISC talk will mainly focus on stuffs that related to International Student such as your Tuition Grant and so on.

In my opinion, why don't you just register for both activities and we will see on that day whether both activities are really clash. Coz they shouldn't let you sacrifice any of them as both are equally improtant.

Anyway, we will try to ask for you.

teiksheng

Back to top Go down

School/College Orientation Activities Empty Re: School/College Orientation Activities

Post  Wencin Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:29 pm

Hmm...if you want an opinion, it is strongly recommended to attend the Orientation Talk by ISC.

From what I understand last year, ISC would not allow freshmen to miss the talk just because they are tied up by some other orientation activities. Besides, these orientation talks are meant to help you to adjust to the new environment in Singapore/NTU. Then again, no harm done if you attend the school orientation first and leaving for the ISC orientation talk Very Happy

Wencin
NTUMSA Committee
NTUMSA Committee

Back to top Go down

Post  Chan FF Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:16 pm

Thank you Senior Teik Sheng and Senior Wencin for providing me the informations.
In fact I had emailed to the relevant departments and just received their replies.
They said I should register for both the activities. In case of a clash of time, I can ask for permission to leave from the on-going event earlier, so that I am able to attend the later event on time.
Therefore, tomorrow I shall register for the orientation activity by the School of EEE.
Please allow me to ask another question: Do I need to register online for the Orientation Talk for International Students organised by ISC?
Thanks again and hope to see all my seniors very soon!!!

Chan FF

Back to top Go down

Post  Wencin Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:57 pm

Hi Chan FF,

Go ahead and register if they have a link for the online registration!! Otherwise, I think you can just walk in to attend the talk. Personally, I don't remember registering when I was a freshmen Razz

Wencin
NTUMSA Committee
NTUMSA Committee

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down