NTUMSA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NTU heritage walk

+2
Wencin
Seng Loon
6 posters

Go down

NTU heritage walk  Empty NTU heritage walk

Post  Seng Loon Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:04 pm

Any senior knows about Heritagewalk ?? Is freshman allowed to take part ?? I afraid that it will clash with the procedures after arrival to NTU ..

Seng Loon

Back to top Go down

NTU heritage walk  Empty Re: NTU heritage walk

Post  Wencin Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:10 pm

Heritage Walk is an event open to all staff and students in NTU. I haven't been there myself, but it's basically like an Amazing Race around NTU campus, lol. Maybe mansoon can clarify better, as he's from Heritage Club and Heritage Walk is organized by the club annually.

Never mind too much if you cannot join it, but if you do, you'll certainly be so well-versed with the campus that you don't need a map! Razz

Wencin
NTUMSA Committee
NTUMSA Committee

Back to top Go down

Post  Chan FF Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:07 pm

Yesterday i had received an email from Student Affair Office.
It's stated that the Heritage Walk will be organised as an annual freshmen orientation event, on the 3-9-2010, 3-6pm.
However, I wonder whether the MSA FOC is still going on simultaneously.
Since I had registered for the FOC, is it convenient to sign up for the Heritage Walk as well???

Chan FF

Back to top Go down

Post  confuser008 Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:02 pm

Chan FF wrote:Yesterday i had received an email from Student Affair Office.
It's stated that the Heritage Walk will be organised as an annual freshmen orientation event, on the 3-9-2010, 3-6pm.
However, I wonder whether the MSA FOC is still going on simultaneously.
Since I had registered for the FOC, is it convenient to sign up for the Heritage Walk as well???

I believe that you will be receiving many invitations to take part in various orientation activities organised by different bodies in NTU such as your school's orientation, hall's orientation and so on. However, if this is your first time coming to S'pore for study purpose, MSA FOC would be the best to help you adapt yourself in this new environment. The services that we offer are not limited to orientation programme only, but many MSA seniors will be helping out you throughout your admin stuff, academic-related matters and many other minor but IMPORTANT things that other parties including NTU that will not be able to offer you assistance.

confuser008

Back to top Go down

Post  Chan FF Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:09 am

Thanks for the attention.

I understand the fact that MSA would be able to help me in almost every situation.

Therefore until this moment, I had just registered for the following events:
1. MSA FOC (3-5 Sep 2010)
2. Welcome Tea for Freshmen 2010 by SAO (31 Aug 2010)
(NOT including those which are compulsory or do not need any registeration)

Since MSA FOC is organised AT THE SAME TIME as the Heritage Walk event, my priority should be given to MSA FOC, am I right?

Chan FF

Back to top Go down

Post  confuser008 Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:53 pm

Chan FF wrote:Thanks for the attention.

I understand the fact that MSA would be able to help me in almost every situation.

Since MSA FOC is organised AT THE SAME TIME as the Heritage Walk event, my priority should be given to MSA FOC, am I right?

It's up to you preference in opting which event that you wish to go. Of course, what I can guarantee is that MSA FOC will bring you lot of funs that are beyond your imagination as well as building up your friendship with other Malaysians. Subsequently, MSA will also be organising various event such as Malaysian Night, Mid Autumn Festival celebration, CNY Celebration and so on. You'll realize that you are fully integrated in our big big big family!!! Also, some of the MSA Hall Managers may have dinners with you almost every night so that none of Malaysians are left alone.

confuser008

Back to top Go down

Post  YokeTeng Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:31 pm

Hello. I'm wondering if all the activities organized by MSA will be held at night? Or will it be ended very late? Seems like I'll miss out lots activities and fun by staying off-campus >.<

Can someone please enlighten me?? Thanks Smile

YokeTeng

Back to top Go down

Post  malaysiaboy Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:20 am

Chan FF wrote:Thanks for the attention.

Hi Malaysia,

hahaa. I think you are attracted to the great prizes. hahaa i also actually.
But we can only choose one, can't have the best of the both worlds. Anyway,
the heritage is going to be a competitive race, as almost all my china friends
are going to participate! now thats a smaller pie for everyone!

with regards

malaysiaboy

Back to top Go down

Post  confuser008 Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:56 pm

YokeTeng wrote:Hello. I'm wondering if all the activities organized by MSA will be held at night? Or will it be ended very late? Seems like I'll miss out lots activities and fun by staying off-campus >.<

As for last year, the orientation last for 7 days. In average, the daily activities ended at around 12pm or 1am after having midnight supper. There were 2 or 3 days in which we ended at 3am or 4am...Although it is very exhausted, I can say that the fun and excitement that you gain will surpass your fatigue!!

confuser008

Back to top Go down

Post  YokeTeng Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:21 pm

confuser008 wrote:
YokeTeng wrote:Hello. I'm wondering if all the activities organized by MSA will be held at night? Or will it be ended very late? Seems like I'll miss out lots activities and fun by staying off-campus >.<

As for last year, the orientation last for 7 days. In average, the daily activities ended at around 12pm or 1am after having midnight supper. There were 2 or 3 days in which we ended at 3am or 4am...Although it is very exhausted, I can say that the fun and excitement that you gain will surpass your fatigue!!

It sounds fun!! However, i got nowhere to stay in campus and i don't think taking cab home is a good idea >.< Hopefully there are some events which will be held in daytime.

Thanks for your information (:

YokeTeng

Back to top Go down

Post  Wencin Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:44 am

YokeTeng wrote:

It sounds fun!! However, i got nowhere to stay in campus and i don't think taking cab home is a good idea >.< Hopefully there are some events which will be held in daytime.

Thanks for your information (:

Hi Yoke Teng,

You may want to email the FOC committee about your concern. Drop me an email stating that you have problems due to you living off campus, and I'll forward it to them.

FYI, I'm afraid that a number of the activities in FOC takes place at late evening/night. There are those carried out daytime, so you could request to join those held at day and leave earlier after dinner or so. However, it may not be practical as some of these activities at night may be related to the daytime activities and require you to be around at night. But anyway, just email and ask, and we'll see how it goes.

By the way, unless you are not a freshmen, aren't you supposed to be guaranteed a room to stay in campus? I'm just wondering why you are staying off campus, that's all Razz

Wencin
NTUMSA Committee
NTUMSA Committee

Back to top Go down

Post  YokeTeng Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:28 pm

Wencin wrote:

Hi Yoke Teng,

You may want to email the FOC committee about your concern. Drop me an email stating that you have problems due to you living off campus, and I'll forward it to them.

FYI, I'm afraid that a number of the activities in FOC takes place at late evening/night. There are those carried out daytime, so you could request to join those held at day and leave earlier after dinner or so. However, it may not be practical as some of these activities at night may be related to the daytime activities and require you to be around at night. But anyway, just email and ask, and we'll see how it goes.

By the way, unless you are not a freshmen, aren't you supposed to be guaranteed a room to stay in campus? I'm just wondering why you are staying off campus, that's all Razz

Hello Wencin,

Sorry that i need to reply you here since i don't have your email add. I don't think i can make it for the FOC since I'll be staying rather far away. I'm not sure the exact time it takes for me to reach home though, but definitely more than 1 hour. Perhaps i can join other events other than FOC. Thank you for your attention (:

Since you were wondering, please allow me to clarify to u here. Yes, i'm a freshie and i'll be staying at my bro's place as my parents insisted me to stick with my bro, so, yup that's it ^^

YokeTeng

Back to top Go down

Post  Wencin Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:41 pm

Oh, sorry....my email is chaos_pi_3142@yahoo.com.my. In that case, you can join other MSA events that are held at daytime. =)

Wencin
NTUMSA Committee
NTUMSA Committee

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum