NTUMSA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Student Pass Application

5 posters

Go down

Student Pass Application Empty Student Pass Application

Post  yan kiat Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:43 am

Hi Seniors,

I've read the admission package and came across with the statement: "... Prior to completion of formalities, payment of fees can be made.... please print out the copy of receipt from the SOLAR system...." (page 35)

Well, my status is "Approved" now, I've paid my issuance fee $60 last night, using credit card. What follows next is a page turning up, showing "You have successfully fulfilled the payment for the issuance of the Student's Pass."

When I clicked "Main Menu", I didn't see any function of receipt.

Am really blur.. @@ May I know whether you guys face the same situation during your application last time?

And the weird thing is, I got another Form 6 friend who have applied, claiming that the "receipt/invoice" window prompt out just after he finished the payment, and he got to print the thing out. confused

Am really looking forward to your help, seniors.. Oh yea, so nothing more to do after paying issuance fee, right? E-appointment definitely not now isn't it??

Thanks a lot & Regards,
Yan Kiat. Very Happy

yan kiat

Back to top Go down

Student Pass Application Empty Re: Student Pass Application

Post  yan kiat Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:50 am

And then right.. inside the acceptance platform, I came across with this:

"2. Pay Issuance fee.
The issuance fee is S$60 for every student's pass issued and a further S$30 multiple-entry visa fee (for required nationals). Payment can be made by Visa or Mastercard credit/debit card or internet banking Account with Citibank, DBS/POSB or UOB at the SOLAR link. Receipt must be printed and produced on your appointment date. You may pay by NETS or Cashcard at counter during Off-Site Enrolment or at elobby located at ICA Building if you miss the Off-Site Enrolment. "

But then:

Appointment Date
ICA Off-Site Enrolment in NTU - Report to International Student Centre (ISC) for an appointment date on your arrival.

:-S

yan kiat

Back to top Go down

Post  yan kiat Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:25 pm

Ah..I can't get to delete/edit the post.. Well, my friend just told me that the receipt he got is for the prcoessing fee $30 only. -.-

And in the acceptance platform, i notice that : Receipt must be printed and produced on your appointment date.

So I paid already, no printing required at all right? >.<

yan kiat

Back to top Go down

Post  teiksheng Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:53 pm

Hi Yan Kiat,

For ICA Off-Site Enrolment in NTU, you will be given an appointment date after you report to ISC when you come to NTU. No need worry about this because there is nothing for you to do now.

Ya, nothing more to do after paying issuance fee. For Student Pass application, there are only 2 fees which you need to pay - processing fee ($30) and issuance fee ($60).

You have to show your receipt on your appointment date. I can't really tell you which page is the recepit that you need to pay because I can't access to the following pages without the SOLAR application no. In the SOLAR website, there is a option to choose right (Click here if you wish to make payment for a Student's Pass.) I think should be the following webpage after you click "payment" there. Try to look for it there. Do let me know if you still can't get it.

Hope that helps.

teiksheng

Back to top Go down

Post  yan kiat Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:02 pm

Hi Teiksheng,

Thank you very much for your reply. =]

Yeah I did notice "Payment" on the home page, beside "Student".

So I clicked, entered my SOLAR no., but it showed "No Record Found".

One more thing to note, after i paid $60, the "Payment of Issuance Fee" already disappeared last night. So now left only 3 functions which are: "Submit EForm16, View Application Status, Print eForm16". I already printed my eForm16.

On the other hand, I just sent my particulars to ica_stp1@ica.gov.sg , hopefully they would help me to figure out for that receipt.

I would update here again after ICA officer replies me. Thanks again Teiksheng =D

yan kiat

Back to top Go down

Post  yan kiat Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:54 pm

* Update 27July2010 7.49pm *

ICA officer replied, without stating whether there is a need to print the receipt or not, gave me a pair of electronic reference numbers.

Still wonder why.. As I'm not the only one who faced this situation (no cheque could be printed), one of my classmates also like that. Others haven't paid for issuance fee.

This morning, my Form 6 friend (which I mentioned earlier) told me that he realised he settled the application fee $30 only, claiming that he had the official receipt issued by ICA for this $30, whereas not so for me and my classmate.

yan kiat

Back to top Go down

Post  teiksheng Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:17 pm

I sent email to OAFA officer to ask her about this already. will get back to you guys once I get reply from her. By the way, there are a lot of freshmen who are facing the same problem as yours. I will try my best to find out for you. No worry. Smile

teiksheng

Back to top Go down

Post  yan kiat Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:19 pm

HI Teiksheng,

Thank you very much for your help!! Really appreciate it. =]

yan kiat

Back to top Go down

Post  teiksheng Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:30 pm

Hi Yan Kiat, I got reply from the officer already.

"Please inform freshmen to print the page where they see on their computer screen that payment has been approved."

which I think it should be the page showing "You have successfully fulfilled the payment for the issuance of the Student's Pass." as you mentioned in previous post. Please take note that you will have to print it immediately when the payment is made as there will be no further option for printing.

But for those who have missed the page, you may just inform the Immigration Officer who process their student’s pass application on your appointment date and the Immigration Officer will be able to verify your payment status on the spot.

Please help me to pass this message to your friends no matter they have applied or haven't so that they can complete their application correctly.

Thank you.

teiksheng

Back to top Go down

Post  yan kiat Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:45 pm

Hi Teiksheng,

Roger that. Thank you very much. =]

yan kiat

Back to top Go down

Post  Chan FF Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:11 pm

Hi everybody.
I am a propective student for the course of EEE in NTU.
My student pass application had just been approved by ICA.
My question is: Can I pay the issuance fee(SGD 60) to the ICA officer by CASH during the off-site enrolment date?
Thank you.

Chan FF

Back to top Go down

Post  teiksheng Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:26 pm

There is no cash payment allowed. You can choose to pay by NETs or Cashcard during the off-site enrolment appointment date.

teiksheng

Back to top Go down

Post  Chan FF Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:05 pm

Thanks for the information. Very Happy
That means as a new student, we may apply for NETs Cashcard for this purpose and other uses?

Chan FF

Back to top Go down

Post  teiksheng Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:08 am

Ya. You can get your NETs when opening your bank account.

teiksheng

Back to top Go down

Post  Chan FF Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:42 am

OK.
Thanks a lot for the assistance.
Hope to see all my friendly seniors soon.

Chan FF

Back to top Go down

Post  Seng Loon Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:09 pm

hello there =) I am prospective student too...going MAE..
About the student pass issuance's fee..from what i have got from NUS friends, the reason some of them didn't get the receipt with them is because the firefox blocked the pop-up of the page showing the receipt..So here I suggest to those my fellow NTU friends who intend to pay the issuance's fee prior to NTU, please use Internet Explore to perform the transaction.. Surprised

Seng Loon

Back to top Go down

Post  yan kiat Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:35 pm

Hi Seng Loon,

Thanks for your information. Yea, it's the pop-up blocker. Just want to inform that by using Internet Explorer, I didn't get to see that receipt, too.

I would turn off the pop-up blocker if I knew that earlier. =(

Anyway, for those who are yet to pay issuance fee, if you're using Internet Explorer, please make sure you go through these steps before making the payment:

Tools > Internet Options > Privacy > Untick "Turn on Pop-up Blocker".

Thanks. See you guys soon in September! Very Happy

yan kiat

Back to top Go down

Post  confuser008 Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:24 pm

Don't worry, I did not know that I was supposed to print out the receipt when I applied for Student Pass last year. When it came to the offsite enrollment appointment, the officer asked me whether I have made any payment and I told her that I did it already. What she did was just check through her laptop and then she could know that I have already made payment. Hence, it will not be an issue because as long as you have paid, the system would have a record of it.

confuser008

Back to top Go down

Post  Chan FF Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:21 pm

Thank you everybody for providing these useful informations.
Hope to see you all very soon!!! Very Happy

Chan FF

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down