NTUMSA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Things need to bring, for freshies

+3
YikHua
teiksheng
Seng Loon
7 posters

Go down

Things need to bring, for freshies Empty Things need to bring, for freshies

Post  Seng Loon Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:51 pm

To all seniors, what should we, as a freshie, bring to NTU ?? Do we need a cot for presentation ?? Are electric appliances allowed ?? Quite confusing about this.. Surprised

Seng Loon

Back to top Go down

Things need to bring, for freshies Empty Re: Things need to bring, for freshies

Post  teiksheng Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:15 pm

Seng Loon wrote:To all seniors, what should we, as a freshie, bring to NTU ?? Do we need a cot for presentation ?? Are electric appliances allowed ?? Quite confusing about this.. Surprised

May I know which course are you taking? Some courses may require their student to have formal wear for presentation and some no need. And I don't think you need a cot for that.

You are required to obtain premission from Hall Office to use or install electric appliances and they may charge on it. For example, to install a refrigerator in your room, you need to pay $80 electrical charges per semester. For more information about usage of electrical appliances in hostel, you can get from this link http://www.ntu.edu.sg/campus/Accommodation/Undergrad/HallsofResidence/Documents/HallRules.pdf.

Hopes that help.

teiksheng

Back to top Go down

Post  YikHua Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:28 pm

If you are business students, you may want to consider bringing a cot as loads of presentations are waiting for you! haha. (but you can always borrow from your friends if you only need it once a while.)

Hall Office will charge you for installing fridge, but not for other electric appliances like kettle, rice cooker, iron, hair dryer and etc.

YikHua
NTUMSA Committee
NTUMSA Committee

Back to top Go down

Post  Seng Loon Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:15 pm

I see..thanx seniors =) I am prospective Maths and Econs student ..nice to meet u all..

Seng Loon

Back to top Go down

Post  confuser008 Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:27 pm

Haha...Seng Loon...welcome to Maths & Econs!!! You'll be my junior!! If you want to buy a brand-new secondhand textbook, find me!!

confuser008

Back to top Go down

Post  Seng Loon Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:04 pm

confuser008 wrote:Haha...Seng Loon...welcome to Maths & Econs!!! You'll be my junior!! If you want to buy a brand-new secondhand textbook, find me!!
Yea I would like to bid for the cheapest reference books ! lol Very Happy I wonder if i can buy the reference books(2nd hand) in Malaysia,since it maybe a little but cheaper Rolling Eyes

Seng Loon

Back to top Go down

Post  Wencin Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:18 pm

Hey Seng Loon,

You can check out the portal for secondhand materials called iMall NTU:
http://imall.ntu.edu.sg/index.asp

If you already have a username for your network account (sth like CHAN0124@e.ntu.edu.sg), you can register and have a look at the deals available. If you're lucky, you can get a great deal for anything from textbooks to fridges, even furniture Razz

Besides that, there is also Public Folders available at
https://webmail.ntu.edu.sg/exchange

Sign in with your username and look for Buy and Sell (it's under Common subfolder) and you'll find loads of posting by students with contact numbers/email in case you're interested. The Public Folders used to be together with our NTU email account, but since we're switching to Windows Live, I suppose this is the way to access it =( Don't worry, I bet students will continue to use it, so just keep a lookout at there too!

Wencin
NTUMSA Committee
NTUMSA Committee

Back to top Go down

Post  maggiechong Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:12 am

do v need a coat? i thought formal wear without coat is enuf for presentation?

maggiechong

Back to top Go down

Post  PeaZBum Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:23 am

I am prospective student of Mechanical En. Do i need to have a coat ??

PeaZBum

Back to top Go down

Post  confuser008 Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:04 am

We cannot tell which specific courses that require students to wear blazer or coat during their presentation. In general, formal attire or office wear would be enough for most presentations. NBS students would be advised to buy a blazer or coat as it will be mandatory for certain business module presentation.

confuser008

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum